BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4, 2011

The weather has been really chilly lately. Right now it is 40 degrees! Brrr. After Halloween, the weather turned suddenly. It went from being warm and crisp and sunny to windy, chilly, with lots of fallen leaves everywhere. It was kinda neat to have Fall come right on time. I went for a 20 minute run/walk around Hamilton Field today. This is going to be a tradition when I don't have a lot of time to work out. I just go outside and start jogging. I am looking forward to finally taking pictures of Hamilton Field. We've been here for 1.5 years, almost 2 years in April. It's the house we've lived in the longest! And I'm hoping we can live here for another 4.5 years or longer! I finally got my upstairs heaters to work! All they needed was the air to be released out. It is so nice to have cozy water heaters in every single room, including the bathroom and we can turn the heat on whenever we want because we don't pay utilities because it is a government house. Blessings!

I am this close to getting a new job/career at the YMCA ran, state funded, low income preschool as a co-teacher. This will be the best teaching job I have ever gotten. I have waited five weeks for this job, for them to say yes. They have said they want to offer me the job, but need to check my references. That was four days ago. It's a really long process, but I haven't gotten a no yet, so I am hopeful.

Halloween was a lot of fun. It was really funtrick or treating around Coast Guard Housing. Some people went all out and my kids got to go trick or treating with their best friends, which was great. My kids are not little anymore. They are 8 and 10 and act like big girls. It's kinda neat to watch.

I am almost done with my second semester of school. I am a junior now and I have about 14 classes left, which is 7 short semesters. I am thinking of what to take next semester. I think I may take an environmental science class and a Jane Austen short course. This semester I took American Civil Rights Movement, a History course and an English Composition Class. Both classes were good. History was excellent. English was a lot of writing, I think 10 papers in all with a 10 page research paper at the end. My paper is on the stress of deployment on military spouses and children when the service member is away.

David and I had a good time at the Marriage Conference last weekend at his church. It was really nice. They gave every couple a mix CD because the theme was, "Your Love Is A Song". We got really good cupcakes at the end too. We bought some books to read together and a workbook. They also had a catered lunch, breakfast, and dessert buffet. It was nice.

I have been going to my church in Novato with the girls, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My testimony is really started to bloom again after being withered for how many years? Probably since 2005 or so. My divorce and custody battle really hit me hard and it has taken me a long time to stop being angry at God. My visiting teacher, Bethany came over and she said just the right things that I needed to hear. It was awesome. The girls love Primary and I am starting to make some friends. There are a few military couples in the ward and I don't know, I think the timing has just been right because I have been going through so much lately with custody battles and jobs and finances and just me...

Veterans Day is coming up! One of my favorite holidays after meeting David because we get so many free things! Also, our 2 year wedding anniversary is Nov. 12th. Wow!

0 comments: